
Location : Plainmoor, Torquay, Devon
Match : Torquay United 0 Coventry City 1
Date : Saturday 24th January 2009
Competition : FA Cup 4th Round
Level/Step : 5/1
Attendance : 6018
Of course i am writing this in hindsight so i will do my best to remember! I really wanted to be at this one. I had not been at Plainmoor since 2002 when i ,oved away i vowed never to return to the ground while the 'regime' was still in place. I will go into that in great detail in a future Memoirs of a bbcgull post.
This was a big one though we were in the 4th Round with a chance of the 5th for the first time ever. I had to visit home and also had stuff to do in Plymouth so planned a home trip to coincide with this. And with the old regime gone it was a big step for me to return. I travelled down with Samaritan and we stood on the Pop Side he was given the drum and made a massive noised all the way through the game. To be quite honest we should have beat them on the day and even Coventry knew it. It was quite a big crowd for Torquay and it was cramed on the Popside but then you have the health and safety rubbish meaning lots of space wasnt used. After workingin the PA Room on the Grandstand side for 15 Years it was so weird to watch a game AND listen to the new PA Announcer from the Pop Side, Where are Pete Wiley and Brett Meyer when you need them. As this was before i started doing reports and taking pictures, the pic is courtesy of 'Torquay United's Football In The Community Site'. I think after 15 years they owe me one!!!
Entry : Can't remember £13 with my NUS maybe?
Programme : Did Not Purchase, didn't check price!! Going well isn't it!!!
Pin Badge : None bought purchased previously
Refreshment : None bought but they were offering massive portion of chips for a £1 after, was tempted!
No comments:
Post a Comment